V.A.R.S.Voice Activated Release System
Special - $169.95
- For any 12VDC trap, 110VAC release trasp need the 110 relay box
- VARS is manufactured by Rhodeside, Inc.
- VARS is powered by a 9v battery (not included)
- VARS comes with a speaker, stand, control box and 10' of wire. You will need to provide a 9v battery and the plug (twist lock) to connect VARS to your trap.
TO CONNECT VARS TO YOUR TRAP:
- THINK SAFETY---Always work on the trap with the trap disconnected from the 12v battery, turned off, and the throwing arm in the "at rest" position. Standing behind the trap is best.
- Cut the "pull" cord wire from the trap about 24" from the switch.
- Using a twist lock connector, connect the female end to the wire going to the trap.
- Connect the male end to the wire from the VARS unit. Connect another male twist lock plug to the 24" switch wire. This will allow you to use the VARS or the original release system.
- Remove the battery compartment cover and insert the 9v battery. Make sure you connect the battery to the clip properly or damage to the circuit board will result. Replace cover.
- Insert the VARS twist lock male plug into the female twist lock receptacle on the wire going to the trap.
- Turn the switch on the trap to the "ON" position. Trap will cock.
- Turn the black knob on the front of the VARS control box clockwise. You will hear a "click". This means VARS is "ON". STAND BEHIND THE TRAP.
- Turn the knob all the way clockwise. This will put the system at maximum sensitivity. Call "PULL" to release a target. Now turn the knob counter clockwise to reduce the sensitivity. You will reach a point where VARS will stop operating. For your voice you now need to turn the knob a little clockwise to get the trap to release a target. The knob (switch) should be about in the middle of it's travel. You should leave it in this position and throw targets. If you have a lot of background noise you might have to reduce sensitivity. If you can't get a target, turn the knob towards maximum. Be careful using VARS at the maximum setting, targets will easily be launched. ALWAYS STAND BEHIND THE TRAP.
- Turn black knob (switch) to the off position when finished shooting to prolong battery life.
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Rhodeside, Inc. warrants the original purchaser of the VARS unit against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year from date of invoice. If defective, the unit will be repaired or replaced at Rhodeside, Inc.'s option at no charge, with dated proof of purchase. This warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from: misuse, improper operation, unauthorized modification, leaking batteries, improper battery connection (reversing + and -), or normal wear and tear. Rhodeside, Inc. is not liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the unit, for any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the unit, to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of this limited warranty.